Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu September 12, 2013
IL Health Officials Urge Preparations For Disasters
Illinois health officials are urging homeowners to make an emergency plan and prepare a supply kit for home during September, which is National Preparedness Month. Public Health Director Dr. LaMar Hasbrouck says a supply kit, a disaster plan and staying informed about the weather can help ensure communities around the state stay safe.
The agency and its Office of Preparedness and Response recommends making a kit with supplies to last three days and to designate locations to meet family members. Supply kits should have water, non-perishable food, a first-aid kit, batteries, bedding and more.