Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon September 10, 2012
IL Gov to use social media to rally on pensions
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is hinting his so-called grassroots campaign to rally support for an overhaul of the state's pension system will involve social media and the Internet. Lawmakers have failed to come up with a plan to deal with the roughly $85 billion pension funding gap. Legislators couldn't agree on an approach during a special session last month.
Quinn says he'll push forward with a grass-roots campaign to win public support. He' says having the power of the Internet is a good way to get the message out. Lawmakers won't meet again until after the November election.