Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon September 10, 2012
IL Gov to use social media to rally on pensions
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is hinting his so-called grassroots campaign to rally support for an overhaul of the state's pension system will involve social media and the Internet. Lawmakers have failed to come up with a plan to deal with the roughly $85 billion pension funding gap. Legislators couldn't agree on an approach during a special session last month.
Quinn says he'll push forward with a grass-roots campaign to win public support. He' says having the power of the Internet is a good way to get the message out. Lawmakers won't meet again until after the November election.