Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed July 24, 2013
IL Gov. Quinn Hints At Special Session On Pensions
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is hinting at the possibility of a special session on pensions when lawmakers arrive in Springfield next month for the Illinois State Fair. A bipartisan panel is attempting to come up with a solution to the nearly $100 billion crisis after the House and Senate failed to do so.
However the panel blew past Quinn's deadline to report back and he halted their pay as a consequence. Quinn says legislators will be in Springfield for the annual days devoted to state political leaders and it's an ideal time for them to also work on pensions. But the governor wouldn't say if that's his plan. Quinn has twice called pensions special sessions. Neither produced results. The state fair will be held Aug. 8th through the 18th.