Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue February 4, 2014
IL GOP Candidates To Debate This Morning
The four candidates seeking the Republican nomination for Illinois governor are set to debate before two business groups.
The Illinois Manufacturers' Association and the Valley Industrial Association are holding the GOP debate this morning.
State Sens. Bill Brady and Kirk Dillard, businessman Bruce Rauner and state Treasurer Dan Rutherford are scheduled to participate.
Organizers say the debate will focus on issues important to business, such as the income tax, minimum wage, environmental regulations and workers compensation.
The primary election is March 18. The Republican nominee will likely face Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn in November.