Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue February 4, 2014
IL GOP Candidates To Debate This Morning
The four candidates seeking the Republican nomination for Illinois governor are set to debate before two business groups.
The Illinois Manufacturers' Association and the Valley Industrial Association are holding the GOP debate this morning.
State Sens. Bill Brady and Kirk Dillard, businessman Bruce Rauner and state Treasurer Dan Rutherford are scheduled to participate.
Organizers say the debate will focus on issues important to business, such as the income tax, minimum wage, environmental regulations and workers compensation.
The primary election is March 18. The Republican nominee will likely face Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn in November.