Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue February 4, 2014
IL GOP Candidates To Debate This Morning
The four candidates seeking the Republican nomination for Illinois governor are set to debate before two business groups.
The Illinois Manufacturers' Association and the Valley Industrial Association are holding the GOP debate this morning.
State Sens. Bill Brady and Kirk Dillard, businessman Bruce Rauner and state Treasurer Dan Rutherford are scheduled to participate.
Organizers say the debate will focus on issues important to business, such as the income tax, minimum wage, environmental regulations and workers compensation.
The primary election is March 18. The Republican nominee will likely face Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn in November.