Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue February 4, 2014
IL GOP Candidates To Debate This Morning
The four candidates seeking the Republican nomination for Illinois governor are set to debate before two business groups.
The Illinois Manufacturers' Association and the Valley Industrial Association are holding the GOP debate this morning.
State Sens. Bill Brady and Kirk Dillard, businessman Bruce Rauner and state Treasurer Dan Rutherford are scheduled to participate.
Organizers say the debate will focus on issues important to business, such as the income tax, minimum wage, environmental regulations and workers compensation.
The primary election is March 18. The Republican nominee will likely face Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn in November.