Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Tue December 11, 2012
IL Crime Commission Declares War on Heroin
The Illinois State Crime Commission is declaring war on drug dealers who supply heroin to teenagers. The commission and the Police Athletic League of Illinois plan to air television ads offering a reward for turning in drug dealers. Officials say they'll give a one thousand dollar reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of people who provide heroin to young people.
The campaign comes during what the commission calls a "huge increase" in the number of heroin-induced deaths among young people. The ads will air over the holidays because it's a time when many kids will be celebrating with friends, and is a time when they might be tempted to try heroin.