Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu October 2, 2008
IL Casino Tax Revenue Down
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – A new report from the Illinois legislature shows the state's riverboat casino tax revenue decreased 121 million dollars during the last fiscal year, and they expect that trend to continue in the coming months. Some lawmakers say the results should prompt a second look at the ban on smoking in casinos. Lawmakers approved the smoking ban in virtually all indoor public places last year starting January 1. Almost immediately, casinos complained it was crippling their business. However, some legislators say the nationwide economic slowdown, along with higher costs for fuel and other goods, are the main culprits in the drop in revenue.