Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon January 16, 2012
IL budget cuts under scrutiny
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Illinois – The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees is accusing Illinois Governor Pat Quinn of not including the public in his decision on whether to close some state institutions for people with mental disabilities. Last year, the governor proposed similar closures; saying eliminating outdated facilities will save money and improve care. His plan was rebuffed by lawmakers. Now Quinn is working on a new proposal which his office says will be announced soon.