Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon January 16, 2012
IL budget cuts under scrutiny
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Illinois – The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees is accusing Illinois Governor Pat Quinn of not including the public in his decision on whether to close some state institutions for people with mental disabilities. Last year, the governor proposed similar closures; saying eliminating outdated facilities will save money and improve care. His plan was rebuffed by lawmakers. Now Quinn is working on a new proposal which his office says will be announced soon.