Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 16, 2012
IL budget cuts under scrutiny
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Illinois – The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees is accusing Illinois Governor Pat Quinn of not including the public in his decision on whether to close some state institutions for people with mental disabilities. Last year, the governor proposed similar closures; saying eliminating outdated facilities will save money and improve care. His plan was rebuffed by lawmakers. Now Quinn is working on a new proposal which his office says will be announced soon.