Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon January 16, 2012
IL budget cuts under scrutiny
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Illinois – The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees is accusing Illinois Governor Pat Quinn of not including the public in his decision on whether to close some state institutions for people with mental disabilities. Last year, the governor proposed similar closures; saying eliminating outdated facilities will save money and improve care. His plan was rebuffed by lawmakers. Now Quinn is working on a new proposal which his office says will be announced soon.