Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon February 4, 2013
IL Bars Already Profiting from Video Gambling
Some Illinois bar owners say they're already profiting big from video gambling games that went live statewide late last year. Players statewide in December lost nearly $7 million. Establishments kept almost two and a half million dollars, the state earned $1.75 million and cities and counties combined made about $350,000.
All stakeholders may see their revenue increase soon after the Illinois Gaming Board licensed dozens of more bars two weeks ago. More applications for video gambling games are pending. Each establishment is allowed up to five machines.