Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon February 4, 2013
IL Bars Already Profiting from Video Gambling
Some Illinois bar owners say they're already profiting big from video gambling games that went live statewide late last year. Players statewide in December lost nearly $7 million. Establishments kept almost two and a half million dollars, the state earned $1.75 million and cities and counties combined made about $350,000.
All stakeholders may see their revenue increase soon after the Illinois Gaming Board licensed dozens of more bars two weeks ago. More applications for video gambling games are pending. Each establishment is allowed up to five machines.