Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon February 4, 2013
IL Bars Already Profiting from Video Gambling
Some Illinois bar owners say they're already profiting big from video gambling games that went live statewide late last year. Players statewide in December lost nearly $7 million. Establishments kept almost two and a half million dollars, the state earned $1.75 million and cities and counties combined made about $350,000.
All stakeholders may see their revenue increase soon after the Illinois Gaming Board licensed dozens of more bars two weeks ago. More applications for video gambling games are pending. Each establishment is allowed up to five machines.