Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon February 4, 2013
IL Bars Already Profiting from Video Gambling
Some Illinois bar owners say they're already profiting big from video gambling games that went live statewide late last year. Players statewide in December lost nearly $7 million. Establishments kept almost two and a half million dollars, the state earned $1.75 million and cities and counties combined made about $350,000.
All stakeholders may see their revenue increase soon after the Illinois Gaming Board licensed dozens of more bars two weeks ago. More applications for video gambling games are pending. Each establishment is allowed up to five machines.