Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Wed August 19, 2009
IL ACT Scores Increase for Third Year in a Row
Springfield, IL – Illinois' average composite score on the ACT college entrance exam has increased for the third year in a row. That's according to figures released today by the Illinois State Board of Education. The state's composite score for the class of 2009 was 20.8, on the test's scale of 1 to 36. The national average was 21.1. Illinois students made slight gains or maintained the average scores in all subject areas from 2008 to 2009.