Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed July 11, 2007
I Remember Ray Brown
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Dizzy Gillespie said "Ray Brown played the strongest, most fluid and imaginative bass lines in modern jazz." A quote such as this summarizes Brown's expansive, nearly six-decade career, collaborating with superstars like Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, any many others. Dr. Brian Clardy remembers his first hand experience with Ray Brown, days before Brown's sudden death in 2002.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.