Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed July 11, 2007
I Remember Ray Brown
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Dizzy Gillespie said "Ray Brown played the strongest, most fluid and imaginative bass lines in modern jazz." A quote such as this summarizes Brown's expansive, nearly six-decade career, collaborating with superstars like Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, any many others. Dr. Brian Clardy remembers his first hand experience with Ray Brown, days before Brown's sudden death in 2002.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.