Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed July 11, 2007
I Remember Ray Brown
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Dizzy Gillespie said "Ray Brown played the strongest, most fluid and imaginative bass lines in modern jazz." A quote such as this summarizes Brown's expansive, nearly six-decade career, collaborating with superstars like Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, any many others. Dr. Brian Clardy remembers his first hand experience with Ray Brown, days before Brown's sudden death in 2002.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.