Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed July 11, 2007
I Remember Ray Brown
By Brian Clardy
Murray, KY – Dizzy Gillespie said "Ray Brown played the strongest, most fluid and imaginative bass lines in modern jazz." A quote such as this summarizes Brown's expansive, nearly six-decade career, collaborating with superstars like Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, any many others. Dr. Brian Clardy remembers his first hand experience with Ray Brown, days before Brown's sudden death in 2002.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear his commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.