Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Roads & Highways
Thu December 20, 2012
I-69 Work Continues Near Dawson Springs
Work begins next year to reconstruct an interchange for the Interstate 69 project across western Kentucky. Governor Steve Beshear announced this week that a Muhlenberg County contractor will head the $5 million interchange project near Dawson Springs. The work will rebuild the cloverleaf interchange into a diamond-shaped interchange.
Under an agreement with the Federal Highway Administration, state transportation officials are bringing the former Western Kentucky Parkway up to interstate standards. I-69 will eventually run from the Ohio River at Henderson to the Tennessee border at Fulton. The interchange project is set for completion a year from now.