Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 5, 2009
I-69 Project Head Appointed
By Todd Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has appointed retired highway engineer Ted Merryman to spearhead efforts to move Interstate 69 forward in western Kentucky. Merryman, who worked for the Transportation Cabinet for 25 years, also played key roles in the construction of I-24 and the Western Kentucky Parkway. In addition to I-69, he will work to continue development of the US 68/KY 80 corridor from Cadiz to Aurora. Merryman says I-69 is the most important project the cabinet has to complete in western Kentucky.