Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed August 5, 2009
I-69 Project Head Appointed
By Todd Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has appointed retired highway engineer Ted Merryman to spearhead efforts to move Interstate 69 forward in western Kentucky. Merryman, who worked for the Transportation Cabinet for 25 years, also played key roles in the construction of I-24 and the Western Kentucky Parkway. In addition to I-69, he will work to continue development of the US 68/KY 80 corridor from Cadiz to Aurora. Merryman says I-69 is the most important project the cabinet has to complete in western Kentucky.