Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Roads & Highways
Fri November 23, 2012
I-24 Semi Fire and Lane Closure
Kentucky transportation officials report eastbound lanes on Interstate-24 remain closed Friday morning in Trigg County near the 65 mile marker. A tractor-trailer rig carrying pears is on fire. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says firefighters brought in a backhoe to break open the trailer to access the burning cargo inside.
It's unknown when the lanes will reopen. Drivers should expect delays and follow detour routes, at the 68 exit toward Cadiz.