Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Roads & Highways
Fri November 23, 2012
I-24 Semi Fire and Lane Closure
Kentucky transportation officials report eastbound lanes on Interstate-24 remain closed Friday morning in Trigg County near the 65 mile marker. A tractor-trailer rig carrying pears is on fire. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says firefighters brought in a backhoe to break open the trailer to access the burning cargo inside.
It's unknown when the lanes will reopen. Drivers should expect delays and follow detour routes, at the 68 exit toward Cadiz.