Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Roads & Highways
Fri November 23, 2012
I-24 Semi Fire and Lane Closure
Kentucky transportation officials report eastbound lanes on Interstate-24 remain closed Friday morning in Trigg County near the 65 mile marker. A tractor-trailer rig carrying pears is on fire. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says firefighters brought in a backhoe to break open the trailer to access the burning cargo inside.
It's unknown when the lanes will reopen. Drivers should expect delays and follow detour routes, at the 68 exit toward Cadiz.