Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Roads & Highways
Fri November 23, 2012
I-24 Semi Fire and Lane Closure
Kentucky transportation officials report eastbound lanes on Interstate-24 remain closed Friday morning in Trigg County near the 65 mile marker. A tractor-trailer rig carrying pears is on fire. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says firefighters brought in a backhoe to break open the trailer to access the burning cargo inside.
It's unknown when the lanes will reopen. Drivers should expect delays and follow detour routes, at the 68 exit toward Cadiz.