Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Roads & Highways
Mon September 24, 2012
I-24 Lane Remains Restricted Following Fatal Crash
Cleanup workers will likely be on site at a fatal crash site on Interstate 24 until around 5:30 today. Westbound traffic on I-24 in Trigg County near the 62 mile marker is down to one lane. Transportation cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says personnel continue to clean up and repair the site of a late night semi trailer crash.
Kentucky State Police responded to the crash around 10 last night. Police say the semi ran off the shoulder of the road, hitting several trees and ejecting 34-year-old Joseph Robinson and 55-year-old Larry Artis, both of North Carolina, from the vehicle. Both were pronounced dead at the scene. The semi’s driver and the cause of the crash are unknown.
Todd says KSP delayed its investigation until daylight hours due to the size of the crash site.