Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon November 23, 2009
HWY 641/ US 62 Bridge Opens
By Paco Long-Mendez
Kentucky Dam, KY –
The new HWY 641 and U.S. 62 Tennessee River Bridge below Kentucky Dam opens to traffic Wednesday morning. Traffic has been detoured around the project since September 9th to complete the 100-million-dollar bridge. This opening, just in time for holiday travelers, should be a big relief to the six thousand vehicles that will use it daily. The final asphalt coating will be applied in the spring before a ribbon cutting ceremony.