Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon November 23, 2009
HWY 641/ US 62 Bridge Opens
By Paco Long-Mendez
Kentucky Dam, KY –
The new HWY 641 and U.S. 62 Tennessee River Bridge below Kentucky Dam opens to traffic Wednesday morning. Traffic has been detoured around the project since September 9th to complete the 100-million-dollar bridge. This opening, just in time for holiday travelers, should be a big relief to the six thousand vehicles that will use it daily. The final asphalt coating will be applied in the spring before a ribbon cutting ceremony.