Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 23, 2009
HWY 641/ US 62 Bridge Opens
By Paco Long-Mendez
Kentucky Dam, KY –
The new HWY 641 and U.S. 62 Tennessee River Bridge below Kentucky Dam opens to traffic Wednesday morning. Traffic has been detoured around the project since September 9th to complete the 100-million-dollar bridge. This opening, just in time for holiday travelers, should be a big relief to the six thousand vehicles that will use it daily. The final asphalt coating will be applied in the spring before a ribbon cutting ceremony.