Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue August 28, 2012
Hurricane Isaac will bring rain to this region this weekend
The now-Category 1 hurricane Isaac is expected to hit landfall near New Orleans tonight. National Weather Service meteorologist Robin Smith says Isaac’s effect on this region could vary, but that rain is expected Friday night and Saturday.
“The amount of rainfall is highly questionable. We could get anywhere from about half an inch if the storm stays west of us, or if it tracks further east, we could get up to 2 or 3 inches across the western Kentucky area.”
As for the rest of the week, Sunny skies this afternoon with gusty winds from the north east, and sunny again tomorrow temperatures will be in the low nineties.