Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue November 10, 2009
Hundreds of Ice Storm Photos Sent to <I>Sun</I>
Paducah, KY – Survivors of last winter's ice storm that devastated western Kentucky have already submitted hundreds of photos for a book The Paducah Sun and Paducah Power System plan to produce. "Frozen in Time: A photographic look back at Ice Storm 2009" is expected to hit shelves in late January. The book is accepting submissions from the westernmost Kentucky counties plus a handful in southern Illinois. Officials for Paducah Power and the newspaper say the book will help people remember the historic storm. Information on guidelines for submitting the photos and ordering the book is available at Paducah Sun. Sun Marketing Director Kendra Payne says the paper has already received 600 photos.