Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu October 15, 2009
Humbaugh Update 1
By Tony McVeigh/ Paco Long-Mendez
Frankfort, KY – State health officials want to make sure Kentuckians know the symptoms of H1N1, or swine flu. State Epidemiologist Dr. Kraig Humbaugh says swine flu symptoms are very similar to seasonal flu symptoms.
"Fever, cough, sore throat, headache, body aches, chills and feeling tired. What's a little bit different about the H1N1 is we are tending to see a bit more vomiting and diarrhea associated with H1N1."
Humbaugh says, so far, the state has received only enough swine flu vaccine for about one-to-two percent of the state's population, but he expects deliveries to pick up in coming weeks. So far, 73-thousand doses of swine flu vaccine, in both nasal and injectable forms, have arrived in Kentucky.