Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu December 11, 2008
Human Rights Complaints Rise
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Human Rights Commission has received its second largest number of complaints in forty-eight years. Between July 1, 2007 and June 30, 2008 the commission received 421 discrimination complaints. That's only slightly lower than the 2007 cycle when the state recorded its highest number of complaints. Eighty percent of the filers reported discrimination in employment situations.