Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri April 18, 2014
How Terrapin Station is Celebrating Record Store Day
"Indie record stores were the only music teachers I ever had. The world would be a dark and lonely place without them."- Neko Case, recordstoreday.com
Tomorrow (April 19) is Record Store Day. Conceived in 2007, it's a day of gathering at independent record stores around the world to celebrate and spread the word about the unique culture surrounding local music shops. Sounds Good co-host Austin Carter speaks with Tim Peyton, manager of Terrapin Station, a participating store in Murray about the day and what his store is doing to celebrate.
In addition to Terrapin Station, other participating stores in our listening area include Sunset Boulevard Music in Murray, and Oddball Music & Media in Clarksville.