Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri January 22, 2010
How technology is pushing away penmanship
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – In an era where second graders have iPhones, and texting is evolving into a sub-form of language, is technology pushing the pencil out the classroom door? National Handwriting Day is Saturday, Jan. 23. Fittingly it's also John Hancock's birthday. Jacque Day looks into cursive writing's place in the future with two area elementary school teachers: one a veteran, and the other fresh out of college.