Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 22, 2010
How technology is pushing away penmanship
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – In an era where second graders have iPhones, and texting is evolving into a sub-form of language, is technology pushing the pencil out the classroom door? National Handwriting Day is Saturday, Jan. 23. Fittingly it's also John Hancock's birthday. Jacque Day looks into cursive writing's place in the future with two area elementary school teachers: one a veteran, and the other fresh out of college.