Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri January 22, 2010
How technology is pushing away penmanship
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – In an era where second graders have iPhones, and texting is evolving into a sub-form of language, is technology pushing the pencil out the classroom door? National Handwriting Day is Saturday, Jan. 23. Fittingly it's also John Hancock's birthday. Jacque Day looks into cursive writing's place in the future with two area elementary school teachers: one a veteran, and the other fresh out of college.