Most Active Stories
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 at 7 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
Wed May 21, 2014
How Affordable Health Care Act Guidelines Effect Murray Volunteer Clinic
With the Affordable Health Care Act now in effect, a question has come up as to the future of local volunteer healthcare clinics, like the Angels Community Clinic in Murray, which provides free medical and pharmacy services to residents of Calloway County who work but cannot afford insurance coverage. The clinic's Executive Director Sherry Crittenden visits Sounds Good to discuss changes in the guidelines and their continuing service in Murray.
The nonprofit organization is staffed by volunteer nurses and funded by Angels Attic and private donations.