Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed May 21, 2014
How Affordable Health Care Act Guidelines Effect Murray Volunteer Clinic
With the Affordable Health Care Act now in effect, a question has come up as to the future of local volunteer healthcare clinics, like the Angels Community Clinic in Murray, which provides free medical and pharmacy services to residents of Calloway County who work but cannot afford insurance coverage. The clinic's Executive Director Sherry Crittenden visits Sounds Good to discuss changes in the guidelines and their continuing service in Murray.
The nonprofit organization is staffed by volunteer nurses and funded by Angels Attic and private donations.