Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed May 21, 2014
How Affordable Health Care Act Guidelines Effect Murray Volunteer Clinic
With the Affordable Health Care Act now in effect, a question has come up as to the future of local volunteer healthcare clinics, like the Angels Community Clinic in Murray, which provides free medical and pharmacy services to residents of Calloway County who work but cannot afford insurance coverage. The clinic's Executive Director Sherry Crittenden visits Sounds Good to discuss changes in the guidelines and their continuing service in Murray.
The nonprofit organization is staffed by volunteer nurses and funded by Angels Attic and private donations.