Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu November 6, 2008
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – One of the most competitive Kentucky races this fall has yet to be decided. House Speaker Jody Richards is fighting to hang on to the leadership post he's held since 1994. His Challenger is former Attorney General Greg Stumbo. Democrats will caucus in January to choose their leaders. Democratic State Representative Robin Webb concedes she's not looking forward to the contest.
There's tension right now and it's going to be interesting, it's going to put a lot of strain on our legislative structure.
Representative Stumbo has been critical of Speaker Richard's leadership in the past legislative session. Stumbo made his challenge official in September, stating he think he has the necessary votes to become House Speaker. Richards, in the meantime, remains confident he'll return as the democrats' leader.