Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu November 6, 2008
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – One of the most competitive Kentucky races this fall has yet to be decided. House Speaker Jody Richards is fighting to hang on to the leadership post he's held since 1994. His Challenger is former Attorney General Greg Stumbo. Democrats will caucus in January to choose their leaders. Democratic State Representative Robin Webb concedes she's not looking forward to the contest.
There's tension right now and it's going to be interesting, it's going to put a lot of strain on our legislative structure.
Representative Stumbo has been critical of Speaker Richard's leadership in the past legislative session. Stumbo made his challenge official in September, stating he think he has the necessary votes to become House Speaker. Richards, in the meantime, remains confident he'll return as the democrats' leader.