Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri May 25, 2012
Hot and Dry this Weekend in Tennessee
Record high temperatures could fall across Tennessee this Memorial Day weekend. National Weather Service meteorologists expect highs mostly in the mid-90s, around 10 degrees above normal for late May.
The same weather pattern holds from the Mississippi River to the mountains - hot, but with relatively dry air. NWS Memphis forecaster Ryan Husted says it won't seem as oppressive outside, with heat indices just a degree or two above air temperatures. A weak cool front will drop temps by a couple of degrees statewide on Memorial Day with a slight chance of showers. Husted says dew points in the low 60s will mean what he calls nature's "air conditioner" will work well.