Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Around the Nation
Tue October 29, 2013
Hosts Call Police After Their Own Party Rages Out Of Control
Originally published on Wed October 30, 2013 6:49 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
A desperate act in wartime comes when you call an air strike on your own position. This, in effect is what the hosts of a party in Eugene, Oregon had to do. More than 200 partygoers got out of hand. Even the private security couldn't handle it. Rather than wait for angry neighbors to call police, the homeowners called the cops themselves. Police did not make arrests as they broke things up. But their best professional judgment was that people looked a little drunk.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.