Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue April 3, 2012
Hopkinsville Teen Beaten in Gang Initiation
Police in Hopkinsville have arrested eight middle school students accused of beating a 15-year old boy. Hopkinsville Police Officer Paul Ray says an investigation found the beating was part of a youth gang initiation. The incident took place on March 22nd. Ray says the boy didn't immediately tell his parents and it was a day or two before he was treated. And when his parents discovered what happened, they called police. Ray says the attack occurred after school and not on school grounds. The accused teen are being held at a youth detention center in Paducah.