Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 23, 2009
Hopkinsville Rejects Roll Back
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – The Hopkinsville City Council's Committee of the Whole meeting last night rejected a proposal to roll back a 3-percent cost of living adjustment. The Kentucky New Era reports City Administrative Officer Glenn Abee suggested the roll back to save nearly a hundred thousand dollars this fiscal year and three hundred and thirty thousand dollars next year. With no payroll deduction, Mayor Kemp says the city may have to start cutting positions.