Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed September 2, 2009
Hopkinsville Passes Digital Pawn Broker Reports (1st Reading)
By Chris Taylor
Hopkinsville, KY – A city ordinance in Hopkinsville that will require pawn brokers to submit customer transaction data electronically to police may soon be a reality. The measure passed its first reading last night at the City Council meeting. It must now pass a second reading, expected September 15th. The ordinance doesn't change much to what pawn brokers already do, it just makes the process paperless. Hopkinsville police say the data provided by pawn shops makes it easier to recover stolen items and identify thieves.