Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 30, 2009
Hopkinsville Man Found Guilty of Murder
By Casey Northcutt
Hopkinsville, KY – A jury found a Hopkinsville man guilty of murder and robbery yesterday almost 20 years after the crime. Deputy Clerk Tami Pritchett says a jury recommended Charles Bussell serve 25 years in prison for Sue Spears Lail's 1990 death. Bussell has been tried for the crime three times. A Kentucky Supreme Court overturned his 1991 conviction due to his ineffective counsel and the withholding of evidence that could have helped his defense. Pritchett says his retrial last year resulted in a hung jury. Bussell will be officially sentenced on September 30.