Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue June 30, 2009
Hopkinsville Man Found Guilty of Murder
By Casey Northcutt
Hopkinsville, KY – A jury found a Hopkinsville man guilty of murder and robbery yesterday almost 20 years after the crime. Deputy Clerk Tami Pritchett says a jury recommended Charles Bussell serve 25 years in prison for Sue Spears Lail's 1990 death. Bussell has been tried for the crime three times. A Kentucky Supreme Court overturned his 1991 conviction due to his ineffective counsel and the withholding of evidence that could have helped his defense. Pritchett says his retrial last year resulted in a hung jury. Bussell will be officially sentenced on September 30.