Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon September 17, 2012
Hopkinsville Historian Recounts Black Patch Tobacco Wars
The black patch tobacco wars of the early 20th century pitted farmer against farmer as a group of men sworn to secrecy used destructive tactics to coerce collective action. Hopkinsville’s Pennyroyal Area Museum commemorates the war with several activities starting Friday (September 21). Official Historian for Hopkinsville and Christian County William T. Turner recounts the story of the Tobacco War in conversation with Kate Lochte.
For more information about the multiple events of Hopkinsville’s Tobacco War Pilgrimage September 21 through 23rd, call the Pennyroyal Area Museum at 270-887-4270 or visit tobaccowarpilgrimage.com.