Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu January 1, 2009
Hopkins County Suicide
By Jacque Day
Madisonville – A 28-year-old Evansville, Indiana man committed suicide during a traffic stop early this morning in Hopkins County. Around 4:40 AM, Kentucky State Trooper Mitch Hampton pulled over a vehicle on the Pennyrile Parkway, suspecting DUI. As Trooper Hampton attempted to establish communication with the driver, he heard what he believed to be a gunshot. The Hopkins County Coroner's Office pronounced the victim, Michael D. Black, dead at the scene. The incident remains under investigation by Kentucky State Police.