Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu January 1, 2009
Hopkins County Suicide
By Jacque Day
Madisonville – A 28-year-old Evansville, Indiana man committed suicide during a traffic stop early this morning in Hopkins County. Around 4:40 AM, Kentucky State Trooper Mitch Hampton pulled over a vehicle on the Pennyrile Parkway, suspecting DUI. As Trooper Hampton attempted to establish communication with the driver, he heard what he believed to be a gunshot. The Hopkins County Coroner's Office pronounced the victim, Michael D. Black, dead at the scene. The incident remains under investigation by Kentucky State Police.