Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Wed February 25, 2009
Hopkins County officials uncharacteristically collaborate
By Casey Northcutt
Madisonville, KY – Hopkins County officials discarded their former animosity last week and came together to ask lawmakers to fund a major road project. Judge Executive Donald Carroll and the county's nine mayors recently collaborated on a letter to get lawmakers attention to expedite construction of the I-69 corridor through Hopkins County. The officials have argued fiercely in the past over land disputes and funding. However, with unusual unity, they petitioned the state government to cut costs for the $144 million project and complete the highway. Their letter says the corridor is too important to be further delayed.