Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Sat October 4, 2008
Hopkins County Magistrate's Case Goes to Grand Jury
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – A District Judge has sent sex abuse charges against a Hopkins County magistrate to a county grand jury. Judge Robert Soder found probable cause in the case against Wesley Lynn, who represents the Fiscal Court's 7th district. The Madisonville Messenger reports Lynn, who worked as an emergency room paramedic until his July resignation, is charged with sexually abusing three women while they were under his care at Madisonville's Regional Medical Center. He has pled not guilty to two counts of first-degree sexual abuse and one count of third-degree sexual abuse. The grand jury meets October 21.