Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu October 31, 2013
Hopkins County-Madisonville Library Waits for Renovation Costs
The Hopkins County-Madisonville Library board is waiting for renovation estimates for the library’s new home before asking for a loan to help pay off its prevailing wage debt.
Library Board President Carolyn Ferrell said Architect John Calhoun visited this week to hear suggestions from the library board of trustees, foundation and staff about the renovations and its cost.
“When he gives us that number to complete, then we’ll add that to the remainder of the debt owed for the prevailing wage, and somewhere in that range will be what we ask for for a loan,” she said.
Ferrell added she hopes to have the renovation costs from Calhoun by the board’s next meeting Nov. 14.
Madisonville Library Board