Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu October 31, 2013
Hopkins County-Madisonville Library Waits for Renovation Costs
The Hopkins County-Madisonville Library board is waiting for renovation estimates for the library’s new home before asking for a loan to help pay off its prevailing wage debt.
Library Board President Carolyn Ferrell said Architect John Calhoun visited this week to hear suggestions from the library board of trustees, foundation and staff about the renovations and its cost.
“When he gives us that number to complete, then we’ll add that to the remainder of the debt owed for the prevailing wage, and somewhere in that range will be what we ask for for a loan,” she said.
Ferrell added she hopes to have the renovation costs from Calhoun by the board’s next meeting Nov. 14.
Madisonville Library Board