Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Library Seeks Renovation Funds
Fri March 23, 2012
Hopkins County-Madisonville Library Seeks Loan Funding
The Hopkins County-Madisonville Public Library's financial challenges continue as its board asks the County and the city of Madisonville to help finance a loan to renovate its downtown location. The board estimates the renovations to cost $672,000 and wants the city and county to pay $38,000 a piece annually for the ten year life of the loan.The Library has faced other financial challeges including a nearly 20 percent budget cut imposed by the city last summer. The board hopes to receive this funding to move the library back to its original main street location. It's currently housed in Park Plaza mall after structural problems forced the move in 2009.