Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 28, 2009
Hopkins County Fiscal Court Race
By Chris Taylor
Madisonville, KY – Hopkins County Magistrate Mike Duncan's announcement of his candidacy for the 10th District state House seat has prompted several county residents to consider filling his fiscal court duties. The Madisonville Messenger reports Dawson Springs Democrat Allen Pleasant and Madisonville Republican Suzanne Henley will be on the ballot, and three more have picked up packets to run for Duncan's seat. Duncan is seeking to replace longtime, retiring Representative Eddie Ballard, who will have served 24 years in the state legislature at his term's end.