Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon December 28, 2009
Hopkins County Fiscal Court Race
By Chris Taylor
Madisonville, KY – Hopkins County Magistrate Mike Duncan's announcement of his candidacy for the 10th District state House seat has prompted several county residents to consider filling his fiscal court duties. The Madisonville Messenger reports Dawson Springs Democrat Allen Pleasant and Madisonville Republican Suzanne Henley will be on the ballot, and three more have picked up packets to run for Duncan's seat. Duncan is seeking to replace longtime, retiring Representative Eddie Ballard, who will have served 24 years in the state legislature at his term's end.