Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri June 27, 2014
Hopkins County Central Dispatch Moves to New Location
After months of planning, Hopkins County Central Dispatch personnel have moved into their new building.
The 1,200 square-foot base of operations rests under the county's former courthouse.
Communications Supervisor Randall Orange says the move brings his team some much needed space and better technology.
"Old building - we were 4 workstations in like 340 square feet, crammed in there like sardines. We have room now, and we have 6 workstations," Orange said.
"We've got a more secure location for our workers."
Orange says 911 service charges to area phone lines covered the building's cost, estimated at nearly $200,000.
Other features include new furniture and an improved electrical system.