Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri June 27, 2014
Hopkins County Central Dispatch Moves to New Location
After months of planning, Hopkins County Central Dispatch personnel have moved into their new building.
The 1,200 square-foot base of operations rests under the county's former courthouse.
Communications Supervisor Randall Orange says the move brings his team some much needed space and better technology.
"Old building - we were 4 workstations in like 340 square feet, crammed in there like sardines. We have room now, and we have 6 workstations," Orange said.
"We've got a more secure location for our workers."
Orange says 911 service charges to area phone lines covered the building's cost, estimated at nearly $200,000.
Other features include new furniture and an improved electrical system.