Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu December 27, 2012
Hopkins Co. Schools to Require ID Checks for All Visitors
While many school districts in the region have a sign in and sign out policy for visitors, at least one western Kentucky school district is tightening its security policy. In the wake of the Connecticut elementary school shooting, visitors to Hopkins County Schools will have to present a valid form of ID at the front office before getting a visitor’s pass.
The Madisonville Messenger reports Hanson Elementary already requires that, but all schools start checking ID’s when classes resume next week. In addition, parents and guardians won’t be allowed to walk their children to classrooms, or pick them up there. School officials say adults may only drop off and pick up children from their cars.