Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Thu December 27, 2012
Hopkins Co. Schools to Require ID Checks for All Visitors
While many school districts in the region have a sign in and sign out policy for visitors, at least one western Kentucky school district is tightening its security policy. In the wake of the Connecticut elementary school shooting, visitors to Hopkins County Schools will have to present a valid form of ID at the front office before getting a visitor’s pass.
The Madisonville Messenger reports Hanson Elementary already requires that, but all schools start checking ID’s when classes resume next week. In addition, parents and guardians won’t be allowed to walk their children to classrooms, or pick them up there. School officials say adults may only drop off and pick up children from their cars.