Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu December 27, 2012
Hopkins Co. Schools to Require ID Checks for All Visitors
While many school districts in the region have a sign in and sign out policy for visitors, at least one western Kentucky school district is tightening its security policy. In the wake of the Connecticut elementary school shooting, visitors to Hopkins County Schools will have to present a valid form of ID at the front office before getting a visitor’s pass.
The Madisonville Messenger reports Hanson Elementary already requires that, but all schools start checking ID’s when classes resume next week. In addition, parents and guardians won’t be allowed to walk their children to classrooms, or pick them up there. School officials say adults may only drop off and pick up children from their cars.