Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu June 14, 2012
Honeywell sets reopening date
Honeywell’s Metropolis facility will resume operations at the start of July after a Uranium Hexaflouride leak closed the plant in mid-May.
Honeywell spokesman Peter Dalpe says the damage was on equipment not involved with the leak, but the plant closed ahead of its regularly scheduled maintenance period as a precautionary move. Members of United Steel workers Local 7669 were skeptical that a non union worker, performing the duties of a laid off union member caused the leak. Honeywell denies these claims. Dalpe says as a result of the incident changes in work process and training for both employees and contractors will be implemented when the plant reopens.