Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri June 22, 2012
Honeywell Restart Date Pushed Back
The Honeywell plant in Metropolis won't re-open on July 1st as the company initially reported. Honeywell officials now have no estimated time for restarting production.
Spokesman John McCarthy says the company pushed back the return to work date to allow more time for the company to respond to Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspections. United Steelworkers Local 7-669 president Stephen Lech says the company has misled employees with this move. Union members have been out of work since mid May, and without health insurance since the beginning of June.