Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri June 22, 2012
Honeywell Restart Date Pushed Back
The Honeywell plant in Metropolis won't re-open on July 1st as the company initially reported. Honeywell officials now have no estimated time for restarting production.
Spokesman John McCarthy says the company pushed back the return to work date to allow more time for the company to respond to Nuclear Regulatory Commission inspections. United Steelworkers Local 7-669 president Stephen Lech says the company has misled employees with this move. Union members have been out of work since mid May, and without health insurance since the beginning of June.