Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed July 10, 2013
Honeywell Metropolis resumes full production
Officials for Honeywell’s Metropolis plant say the facility will begin full production of uranium hexafluoride this morning. Honeywell made the announcement yesterday after the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s completion of a plant upgrade review last week.
NRC Region II Administrator Victor McCree says the company has appropriately enhanced the Metropolis plant’s ability to withstand earthquakes and tornados.
Nuclear Power Plants