Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed July 10, 2013
Honeywell Metropolis resumes full production
Officials for Honeywell’s Metropolis plant say the facility will begin full production of uranium hexafluoride this morning. Honeywell made the announcement yesterday after the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s completion of a plant upgrade review last week.
NRC Region II Administrator Victor McCree says the company has appropriately enhanced the Metropolis plant’s ability to withstand earthquakes and tornados.
Nuclear Power Plants