Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed July 10, 2013
Honeywell Metropolis resumes full production
Officials for Honeywell’s Metropolis plant say the facility will begin full production of uranium hexafluoride this morning. Honeywell made the announcement yesterday after the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s completion of a plant upgrade review last week.
NRC Region II Administrator Victor McCree says the company has appropriately enhanced the Metropolis plant’s ability to withstand earthquakes and tornados.
Nuclear Power Plants