Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed July 10, 2013
Honeywell Metropolis resumes full production
Officials for Honeywell’s Metropolis plant say the facility will begin full production of uranium hexafluoride this morning. Honeywell made the announcement yesterday after the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s completion of a plant upgrade review last week.
NRC Region II Administrator Victor McCree says the company has appropriately enhanced the Metropolis plant’s ability to withstand earthquakes and tornados.
Nuclear Power Plants