Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed July 10, 2013
Honeywell Metropolis resumes full production
Officials for Honeywell’s Metropolis plant say the facility will begin full production of uranium hexafluoride this morning. Honeywell made the announcement yesterday after the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s completion of a plant upgrade review last week.
NRC Region II Administrator Victor McCree says the company has appropriately enhanced the Metropolis plant’s ability to withstand earthquakes and tornados.
Nuclear Power Plants