Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Press Releases & Events
Wed December 1, 2010
Honewell to Donate Emergency Sirens to Massac County
By David Schmoll
Metropolis, IL – Metropolis' Honeywell Plant will donate new emergency sirens to Massac County. The 170-thousand-dollar donation will go toward the replacement of old sirens damaged during the 2009 ice storm. Honeywell donated the previous sirens in the 1980s. Six of the eight new sirens will be placed throughout Metropolis with the remaining two to be built in Joppa and Brookport.