Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed February 15, 2012
Home Grant Application
Paducah’s City Commissioners took another step toward revitalizing Fountain Avenue during their meeting Tuesday night. They approved a municipal order to apply for a Kentucky Housing Corporation HOME Grant of $308,000. The money will help fund the construction of seven new homes in the Fountain Avenue neighborhood. Mayor Bill Paxton said the neighborhood developed in the 1950’s and has since deteriorated. Paducah began to revitalize it approximately four years ago and desired to rebuild or renovate homes between 13th and 28th streets. Once completed, Paxton said Fountain Avenue would stand as the second successfully renovated neighborhood in Paducah after Lower Town.