Most Active Stories
- State Trooper's Resignation Leads to Investigation
- [VIDEOS] WKMS Presents "Living on the Line: Poverty in Western Kentucky"
- Professional Basketball Player, Ministry Founder Bob Warren Remembered as Generous Man
- MSU Students, Faculty Hold Ferguson Demonstration
- Lawsuit Filed Against Chuck Jones Alleges Counterfeiting Textbooks
Wed February 15, 2012
Home Grant Application
Paducah’s City Commissioners took another step toward revitalizing Fountain Avenue during their meeting Tuesday night. They approved a municipal order to apply for a Kentucky Housing Corporation HOME Grant of $308,000. The money will help fund the construction of seven new homes in the Fountain Avenue neighborhood. Mayor Bill Paxton said the neighborhood developed in the 1950’s and has since deteriorated. Paducah began to revitalize it approximately four years ago and desired to rebuild or renovate homes between 13th and 28th streets. Once completed, Paxton said Fountain Avenue would stand as the second successfully renovated neighborhood in Paducah after Lower Town.