Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 15, 2012
Home Grant Application
Paducah’s City Commissioners took another step toward revitalizing Fountain Avenue during their meeting Tuesday night. They approved a municipal order to apply for a Kentucky Housing Corporation HOME Grant of $308,000. The money will help fund the construction of seven new homes in the Fountain Avenue neighborhood. Mayor Bill Paxton said the neighborhood developed in the 1950’s and has since deteriorated. Paducah began to revitalize it approximately four years ago and desired to rebuild or renovate homes between 13th and 28th streets. Once completed, Paxton said Fountain Avenue would stand as the second successfully renovated neighborhood in Paducah after Lower Town.