Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Fri August 15, 2014
HitchBOT Makes Its Way Across Canada
Originally published on Fri August 15, 2014 6:36 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Think of this as a high-tech version of a message in a bottle. A college professor sent a robot hitchhiking across Canada by itself. He put hitchBOT by the side of the road with its thumb out. People picked up the robot and moved it along, from Nova Scotia in the east to a national park to a First Nations powwow - even a wedding. Now the robot is almost all the way to Vancouver, still, according to photos, with an electronic smile on its face. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.