Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 23, 2013
Historic Combat Team Returns From Afghanistan
Soldiers with a regiment whose roots trace to World War II's fabled "Band of Brothers" are set to return from their final deployment to Afghanistan.
140 soldiers from the 4th Brigade Combat Team, known as the "Currahees," are due back at Fort Campbell today.
They are one of 10 brigade combat teams set for decommissioning by the Army.
The Army announced on Monday that the shutdown process for those teams would speed up to 2015 instead of 2017 because of budget cuts.