Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed October 23, 2013
Historic Combat Team Returns From Afghanistan
Soldiers with a regiment whose roots trace to World War II's fabled "Band of Brothers" are set to return from their final deployment to Afghanistan.
140 soldiers from the 4th Brigade Combat Team, known as the "Currahees," are due back at Fort Campbell today.
They are one of 10 brigade combat teams set for decommissioning by the Army.
The Army announced on Monday that the shutdown process for those teams would speed up to 2015 instead of 2017 because of budget cuts.