Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue April 7, 2009
Highway Safety Effort Begins
By Gabe Bullard
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is starting a new campaign for highway work zone safety. The program uses signs and advertisements to remind motorists to reduce speeds and eliminate distractions while driving through construction zones. Cabinet spokesperson Andrea Clifford says there will be many additional workers on the highways starting this month.
"Traditionally construction starts in April when the weather starts warming up again and a lot of projects get going. But we will have many more projects this summer due to the stimulus funding. We have several projects that are being funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act."
Three workers were killed in Kentucky construction zones last year.