Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed November 27, 2013
Highlights from the McCracken Co. High School Band Autumn Concert
Welcome to The Carson-Myre Charitable Foundation’s Youth and Ensemble Music Performance Series with WKMS. We’re delighted you’ve joined us for this new series. Today, we feature highlights from the McCracken County High School Band’s Autumn Concert. This concert was recorded on November 11, 2013 at the C-Plant Performing Arts Center, and features original compositions from Kentucky native Jason Thompson.
Steven Page is McCracken County High School Band Director, Kelley Ray is Assistant Director. Todd Birdsong is our recording engineer.
In the first segment, we hear original works by a young composer, the Shepherdsville, Kentucky native Jason Thompson. In 2008, he received a commission from the Louisville Youth Orchestra, and in 2010 was a finalist in the ASCAP Morton Gould Young Composer Awards.
"Castle of Dromore"
"Rend the Sky"
In the second segment, we hear two compositions leaning toward extremes: one invoking profound beauty and another reflecting upon a deep tragedy:
"Korean Folk Rhapsody"
"Trail of Tears"