Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed November 27, 2013
Highlights from the McCracken Co. High School Band Autumn Concert
Welcome to The Carson-Myre Charitable Foundation’s Youth and Ensemble Music Performance Series with WKMS. We’re delighted you’ve joined us for this new series. Today, we feature highlights from the McCracken County High School Band’s Autumn Concert. This concert was recorded on November 11, 2013 at the C-Plant Performing Arts Center, and features original compositions from Kentucky native Jason Thompson.
Steven Page is McCracken County High School Band Director, Kelley Ray is Assistant Director. Todd Birdsong is our recording engineer.
In the first segment, we hear original works by a young composer, the Shepherdsville, Kentucky native Jason Thompson. In 2008, he received a commission from the Louisville Youth Orchestra, and in 2010 was a finalist in the ASCAP Morton Gould Young Composer Awards.
"Castle of Dromore"
"Rend the Sky"
In the second segment, we hear two compositions leaning toward extremes: one invoking profound beauty and another reflecting upon a deep tragedy:
"Korean Folk Rhapsody"
"Trail of Tears"