Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Sat October 26, 2013
Highland Games Bring Scottish Heritage Alive in Murray
West Kentucky Highland Games bring Scottish Heritage alive in Murray this weekend with games, arts, and sports. Its Master of Ceremonies Robert Valentine brings the details to Sounds Good.
2013 Festival Games Time and Date: 10:00 a.m. - 4 p.m. :: October 26, 2013 Murray City Park, Central Park
Honored Clan: Clan Murray
Other activities at the festival include: Wee Bairn Games, Highland athletic competition, a Tug-of-War competition (see downloadable forms page for registration) SCA Exhibition of Medieval combat, Highland cattle, Sheep herding demonstration, Scottish Dance demonstrations, Pipers, and performances by Celtic rock band, Highland Reign. Various vendors offering Highland clothing, kilts, and jewelry, stained glass and family histories. Princess hats and halos and kid size swords and shields will be available at the Wee Bairns Games tent.
Explore your Scottish heritage by visiting the clan tents. The Parade of Tartans gets underway at 11 a.m. with a clan parade and the blessing of the tartans.
(Cost is $5 and will include the full day's worth of events. Children under 10 free)