Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Roads & Highways
Thu December 20, 2012
High Winds Create Hazardous Driving Conditions
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says high speeds today and tonight could make driving hazardous. The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory, indicating the region can expect sustained winds above 20 miles per hour with gusts as high as 50 miles per hour at times through tonight.
KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says motorists should slow down and use appropriate caution. High-profile vehicles such as commercial trucks, RV’s, vans and large SUV’s are particularly susceptible to high winds.