Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Roads & Highways
Thu December 20, 2012
High Winds Create Hazardous Driving Conditions
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says high speeds today and tonight could make driving hazardous. The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory, indicating the region can expect sustained winds above 20 miles per hour with gusts as high as 50 miles per hour at times through tonight.
KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says motorists should slow down and use appropriate caution. High-profile vehicles such as commercial trucks, RV’s, vans and large SUV’s are particularly susceptible to high winds.