Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Roads & Highways
Thu December 20, 2012
High Winds Create Hazardous Driving Conditions
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says high speeds today and tonight could make driving hazardous. The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory, indicating the region can expect sustained winds above 20 miles per hour with gusts as high as 50 miles per hour at times through tonight.
KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says motorists should slow down and use appropriate caution. High-profile vehicles such as commercial trucks, RV’s, vans and large SUV’s are particularly susceptible to high winds.