Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Roads & Highways
Thu December 20, 2012
High Winds Create Hazardous Driving Conditions
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says high speeds today and tonight could make driving hazardous. The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory, indicating the region can expect sustained winds above 20 miles per hour with gusts as high as 50 miles per hour at times through tonight.
KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says motorists should slow down and use appropriate caution. High-profile vehicles such as commercial trucks, RV’s, vans and large SUV’s are particularly susceptible to high winds.