Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Roads & Highways
Thu December 20, 2012
High Winds Create Hazardous Driving Conditions
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says high speeds today and tonight could make driving hazardous. The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory, indicating the region can expect sustained winds above 20 miles per hour with gusts as high as 50 miles per hour at times through tonight.
KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says motorists should slow down and use appropriate caution. High-profile vehicles such as commercial trucks, RV’s, vans and large SUV’s are particularly susceptible to high winds.