Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Wed June 20, 2012
High School Principal Seeks to Create Community
Newly hired McCracken County High School Principal Michael Ceglinski says one of his goals is creating a sense of community at the county’s consolidated high school.
Ceglinski will head the school combining students from Heath, Reidland and Lone Oak beginning in fall of 2013. He plans to ease students into the transition.
“What we’re going to try to do is honor them being still a current student in the school that they’re in and not force too much of being a ‘Mustang’ on them because that’s going to come in a year and that’s going to be our reality.”
Ceglinski also plans events for students and teachers in the coming year to begin building connections. The school will serve close to 2,000 high schoolers.