Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed June 20, 2012
High School Principal Seeks to Create Community
Newly hired McCracken County High School Principal Michael Ceglinski says one of his goals is creating a sense of community at the county’s consolidated high school.
Ceglinski will head the school combining students from Heath, Reidland and Lone Oak beginning in fall of 2013. He plans to ease students into the transition.
“What we’re going to try to do is honor them being still a current student in the school that they’re in and not force too much of being a ‘Mustang’ on them because that’s going to come in a year and that’s going to be our reality.”
Ceglinski also plans events for students and teachers in the coming year to begin building connections. The school will serve close to 2,000 high schoolers.